This Valentine’s Day pasta recipe is perfectly pink and so decadent. If you are looking for festive pasta that is perfect to celebrate the day, then look no further.
The Quick and Easy Valentine’s Day Pasta
For this recipe, you will just need a few ingredients and a blender! The whole recipe can be done in under thirty minutes which gives you more time to sit back and enjoy the day.
If you are able to get your hands on some adorable heart-shaped pasta, it really adds a dash of love to the recipe. I picked this bag up from Trader Joe’s but it is a seasonal item. If you can’t find any special pasta, then any pasta shape will do! I recommend trying this recipe with fusilli or orecchiette but you can really go with your favorite pasta shape!
Okay, okay, I know shaping your final fish of pasta is technically optional but it does make it so much more fun! However, when you finish cooking, all that is required is that you sit back and enjoy this Valentine’s Day Pasta recipe. If you are looking for more pasta recipes then check out this vegan pantry pasta.
Perfectly Pink Valentine’s Pasta Recipe
- 1/3 cup whole milk riccotta
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (about 1 small lemon juiced)
- 1/3 cup parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup beets
- 2 tbsp pasta water
- 1/3 cup unsalted walnuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch salt
- Pulse walnuts in a food processor or blender until they appear finely chopped
- Heat olive in pan on medium high
- Add the walnuts to the pan to toast them. Make sure to stir constantly so they don't burn
- Add a pinch of salt
- Remove from heat when the walnuts turn golden brown
- Add the riccota, beets, parmesan, lemon juice, parsley and olive oil to a blender
- Blend on high until the mixture is smooth and perfectly pink
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions in salted water
- Save some pasta water to the side for the final assembly
- Drain your pasta and add it to a bowl
- Combine your pasta, pasta sauce, and 2 tbsp of pasta water
- Mix in the toasted walnuts
- Top with parmesan cheese and enjoy!