In case you missed it, my refrigerator is very much broken. As a result, I developed this creamy vegan pantry pasta recipe. This recipe is quick, easy and it requires no refrigerated ingredients (duh)!Jump to Recipe
Vegan Pantry Pasta Ingredients
This recipe really helps you forget that you aren’t using any animal products. I think two ingredients to thank for that are cashews and breadcrumbs. The cashews help bring a creamy and indulgent feel to the dish while the breadcrumbs help disguise the absence of cheese.
To distract me from my lacking refrigeration, I made a stop motion video of the final product, which you can watch below. This easy vegan pantry pasta took less time to make than this video if that tells you anything about how quick and simple the recipe is.
If you are looking for another vegan pantry meal idea then check out this recipe here.
Creamy Vegan Pantry Pasta
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup warm water For soaking cashews
- 4 tbsp black olives
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 shallot
- 4 oz pasta
- 1/3 cup tomatoes
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Soak the cashews in the warm water
- Dice the shallots and garlic
- Sauté the shallots and garlic in olive and a pinch of salt
- Blend cooked shallots, garlic, black olives, cashews with soaking water
- Once blended salt to taste and thin the sauce out to deseried consistency with either olive oil or water
- Cook tomatoes with a pinch of salt until they burst. Alternativley, you can smash them down in the pan to flatten them out
- Toast the breadcrumbs and dried parsley in 1 tbsp olive oil on medium high heat until they turn golden brown
- Cook your pasta in salted water according to package instructions
- Reserve pasta water in case you need to thin out the sauce
- Mix the sauce, the tomatoes and the pasta
- Once mixed add in the bread crumbs reserving some to top your final plate
- Now plate your pasta, top with your remaining breadcrumbs and enjoy!